2 extremely evil or cruel; expressive of cruelty or befitting hell; "something demonic in him--something that could be cruel"; "fires lit up a diabolic scene"; "diabolical sorcerers under the influence of devils"; "a fiendish despot"; "hellish torture"; "infernal instruments of war"; "satanic cruelty"; "unholy grimaces" [syn: demonic, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish, hellish, infernal, satanic]
3 having committed unrighteous acts; "a sinful person" [syn: sinful, wicked] [also: unholiest, unholier]
Unholy may refer to:
- Unholy (album), an album by the British alternative rock musician Martin Grech.
- Unholy (band), a Finnish doom metal group.
- Unholy (2007 film), a 2007 film starring Adrienne Barbeau about Nazi mysticism
- Unholy (song), a 1992 song by the American rock group, KISS.
- Unholy (Brainstorm album), an album by the German power metal group Brainstorm.
- Unholy (Overkill album), an album by the American thrash metal group Overkill.
- Unholy Records, a record label
amiss, barbarous, blamable, blameful, censurable, culpable, fleshly, godless, guilty, impious, irreligious, irreverent, mundane, nonsacred, profane, reprehensible, reprobate, secular, sinful, temporal, un-Christly, unangelic, unblessed, unchristian, uncivilized, unconscionable, ungodly, unhallowed, unregenerate, unrighteous, unsacred, unsaintly, unsanctified, wicked, worldly